Next Legal Support Mutual Aid Evening
WEDNESAY, APRIL 19, 2017, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Café Aquin, UQAM, 320 St-Catherine East, room A-2030, metro Berri-UQAM
• accessible to wheelchairs
• childcare on-site on demand
• translation available (English-French)
• there will be snacks available
• contact us for any accessibility needs
Contempt of Court: A Legal Clinic By and For Social Movements invites you to our next Legal Support Mutual Aid Event.
We organize on a non-hierarchical, consensus model and recognize the experience and knowledge of people who have been criminalized. We are not lawyers nor experts; rather, we want to undermine the monopoly on legal knowledge and practice by participating in the demystification of legal procedures and rules of law.
* If you are facing criminal charges or tickets, civil lawsuits, or injunctions;
* If you are making a complaint about the police, if you’re suing the City or if you want to undertake similar actions;
* If you have had experiences with the legal system that you would like to share:
Come to this evening to discuss, share, ask questions and to research information!
In order to best organize this evening, it’s best if you can confirm if you’re attending by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are facing charges, if you want to respond to state violence in the courts, or if you want to share your experiences and offer support, you’re welcome to join us!